- This event has passed.
Plant Based Health Immersion Retreat – Anglesea, Melbourne
May 18 - May 24
Enjoy delicious whole food plant-based meals prepared by Anita Rickey from Diggers Vegie Kitchen, plus cooking demonstrations, yoga, meditation, films and benefit from the educational lectures by experts in plant-based nutrition and lifestyle medicine Dr Malcolm Mackay (General Practitioner) and Jenny Cameron (Nutritionist/Librarian).
This immersion is perfect for people who want to achieve optimal health and wellbeing through a healthy lifestyle. If you are suffering from a chronic disease you can make significant lifestyle changes with the reassurance of medical supervision at hand. If you are already living a healthy lifestyle we will help you tweak it to achieve optimal health and have the best chance of preventing heart disease, diabetes, cancer and autoimmune diseases. Wherever you are on the spectrum this immersion is the best way to kick start your health transformation in a community of like-minded people.
What you will learn
- How to use nutrition to achieve optimal health
- The role of lifestyle medicine in preventing and managing disease
- A calorie density approach to weight management
- Tips for shopping and label reading
- How to prepare simple and delicious plant-based meals
- How to overcome barriers to a healthy lifestyle
- The best resources to use to help you with this lifestyle