- This event has passed.
Bay of Islands Health Retreat
August 2 - August 4
2-Day Plant-Based Cooking Workshop at Bay of Islands Health Retreat – 3 & 4 August 2019
~ A juicy weekend of food appreciation, self care & connection! ~
Run by Aaron Brunet, Masterchef NZ winner, and Kate Broughton, plant-based educator and lifestyle coach.
Join us for a weekend of delicious discovery as we open up the world of plant-based food together. We’ll share our tips on living plant-based, with hands-on cooking, nutrition knowledge, and recipes to take home.
We’ll be covering all the bases: you’ll leave with a full toolkit of plant-based dishes to mix n’ match for simple everyday eating, plus you’ll learn special dishes to impress your tastebuds and your friends!
Over the 2-days you’ll have time to deepen your connection to food and awaken your senses to new delights of taste & texture. Dishes will include soups, smoothies, starters, mains, desserts, breakfast, easy & exciting lunch ideas plus interesting bowls with stand-out sauces & dressings.
“Thanks to you both for making my kitchen an exciting place to be!”
“I’ve done this workshop, it was amazing! So worth it and they are the loveliest people, so helpful and sweet”
From beginner home-cook to seasoned foodie you will be well supported throughout the workshop experience while enjoying the glorious surroundings and self care facilities of the retreat centre.
What you can expect?
- a rich, immersive food experience
- connection with others who share a similar interest in plant-based foods
- deeper understanding of the healing qualities of plant foods
- mindful eating & conscious connection
- paired-up social cooking in a relaxed learning environment
- leading-edge ingredients and new cooking techniques
- exciting new recipes to wow your family and friends
- resources to support your ongoing food journey
What does the package include?
- 2-day plant-based cooking workshop on Saturday & Sunday
- Accommodation at the Bay of Islands Health Retreat
- Full use of the retreat facilities which include a salt water pool, Jacuzzi and sauna
Workshop package with private room – $1,025
Workshop package with shared room – $750
There is also an option to add on spa treatments.
To book please email email@example.com
Payments will need to be made in full to secure the booking. We are only able to offer refunds if we are able to refill the space.
Plant-based for 4 years, Aaron has been on a life-changing journey of discovery after Masterchef. Now he’s ready to share his delight to be enjoying food and life in a whole new way.
In Kate’s ideal world the food is real, cooking is celebrated and hospitals are empty. As a nurse with certificates in plant-based nutrition and life-coaching, Kate shares her 13+ years’ experience thriving on a plant-based diet.